Description and Requirements
- Awards ranging from $500-$1,000 will be awarded to graduating high school seniors selected by the scholarship committee.
- Applicants must be currently attending high school in Seminole County.
- Open to ALL Seminole County high school seniors that will be graduating in the Class of 2020.
- Applicants must have a cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher to apply.
- Each applicant must provide the following documents:
- Completed scholarship application.
- Copy of official high school transcripts.
- Two (2) letters of recommendation from: teachers, guidance counselor, or other representatives of Seminole County schools, religious or community leaders, or employer. **LETTERS OF RECOMMENDATION CANNOT BE FROM A FAMILY MEMBER**
- Documentation of active involvement in the community, such as social clubs, civic groups, sports, vocational activity, or philanthropy, not necessarily directly related to school functions.
- Include a 500 word essay on “What Actions Can You Take to Promote Social Justice and Embrace Diversity of All People?” The essay must be typed and double spaced.
ALL APPLICATIONS MUST BE RECEIVED BY FRIDAY, MAY 8, 2020 TO BE CONSIDERED. ***LATE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED. ***